Friday, December 12, 2014

Barnes & Noble has Decided to Play with the Big Boys!

I haven't sold a single ebook via B&N. Not a one. Got a few hundred hits on my free singles - which I have since decided to remove from sale so that I can add an additional chapter about Hyacinth and Zephyr's time together- but nothing else. So, when I received an email from Selena Kitt about B&N's new policy regarding questionable content (particularly in the content of the description and on the covers), I decided just to go ahead and pull the plug.

I used to (note the tense here) use Smashwords to distribute my books to all the big ebook retailers, except Amazon, and have received from them NOTHING! Even though I have a whopping balance of $2.38. The same profit I have had all year. No actual payments though.

It really wasn't a hard decision, but tonight I signed into my Smashwords account and unpublished all my books with them. Every last one. Couldn't figure out how to close my account, however.

[If someone does, let me know!]

Even the one, cover pictured below, which they refused to actually send out for publication at any retailer except the Smashwords home-site because of her "painted" bare breasts. I'm sorry, but if the artwork can hang in an art gallery visited by school children on a field trip, why can't it be shown on a book cover? Seriously, this is ART! Old, well-respected art!


In a week or so, I am going to have to make a far more difficult decisoin. I will have the opportunity to enroll The Cup Bearer and A Night Alone in Kindle Select/Prime. I am not sure whether I should or not. Yes, A Lesser Aphrodite is doing well there, but I'm not sure it is enough for me. Perhaps, once I get everything straight, I hold some more free days and see what happens then make my decision.

Anyways, this is just a heads-up for any of my followers and lovely potential customers. So far, Amazon has been the best for me and I'm going to stick by them.

Let's hope, they don't pull any crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment