Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review for Greek Mythrotica: The Adventures of Aphrodite



Do you like a bit of astrology or new age talk when reading your erotica? Well, then, this book is for you. It is a collection of three short stories: Aphrodite and Hephaestus, Aphrodite and Adonis, and Aphrodite and Ares. It is available on Amazon for $1.99, written by Saqqarah and Megan Hussey.

The author's description of this collection gets right to the gist of what you are going to read...
Join Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, on her adventures of romance and self-awareness as she discovers her own power, desires and limitations. In eroticizing these ancient myths, Aphrodite discovers great depths of compassion as she faces issues of acceptance, understanding and sensitivity in her greatest teachers.
too bad I didn't understand what I was getting myself into. I like to read my daily horoscope, it is always a bit of fun, but I've never taken it too seriously. However, these authors take it a little bit further. Sex has never been this descriptive or colorful, or even so poetic. It is like listening to a hippie on grass, speak of their first time. Rose-colored glasses and all. My favorite part was the pink stone placed beside Ares during the act in order to increase the feeling and sensation... then, once orgasm was reached, they were covered by the glowing pink light of love from the stone.

The mythology isn't so bad, though the men seem a little too wimpy and feminine and Aphrodite is way too kind and forgiving. Her stories really never implied that much overwhelming kindness for the most part. But, at least the men where her actual lovers.

I can't say I'll read more of these authors' works, but I didn't put the book aside before finishing and it wasn't so bad I got disgusted. However, fair warning for everyone else - this is not what you are probably looking for if you've found my site!

No comments:

Post a Comment