Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Molly Greene is My Hero(ine). Why? Because I'm Not Alone in the World...

I found Molly Greene's blog by complete accident. I was searching for something unrelated to writing, blogging, or really anything I thought might direct me here, but nevertheless, here is where I ended up. Fate, destiny, coincidence? Call it what you will.

The post which landed me at her blog was a short little piece wherein Ms. Greene confessed to three "big" things, which as an inspiring author I, at least, had always been told to watch (either do more or do less, depending on who you spoke to). Being told something and actually doing something are very different and rarely do I actually do what I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to do it. Did you follow all of that?

So, imagine how happy I was to stumble upon this author's blog post all about not following the rules. And, for her, it seems to be working. Yeah! Hope for me, too!

My favorite one of her confessions? Well, it has to be #2. I thought I was the only one who did this. I mean, really, if what you want to do it write, well, going backwards before ever attempting to go forward doesn't make that much sense. Yet, here she is, doing just that. And, here I am, in my own little corner of the universe doing the same. Soul mates, you might say... or, perhaps, just equally insane women. Doesn't matter in the long run.

So, Molly Greene, if you happen to one day come upon this post of mine, whether on purpose or not, just know, that you've made me very happy and are truly a hero of mine for today you've made me realize I'm not alone in the world.

And really, what else do we humans want out of our lives but knowing that someone else doing what we're doing and it works for them?


No comments:

Post a Comment